Monday, July 18, 2011

Fro-yo and Heartache

Recently, I found myself sitting in my drive way in the middle of the night watching big salty tears drop into my carmel pudding fro yo.

Thinking back, it’s funny. Life can turn me into a kid in about 3 seconds flat.

I’ve now learned that when I am upset it helps to separate and look down on the scene to see myself as a frustrated snot nosed little kid. Something about this perspective helps take the sting off the situation. It makes it possible to see the event as but one of many heartaches, that I know will ultimately pass.

Mostly, I hope to retain this ability as I get older. To know that even as the grief surrounds more significant of life’s dilemma's, I need only to pan up while allowing the focus to soften, to understand on some small level, things are gonna be alright.